Welcome

Welcome to my blog which is about my family and I and how we deal with what life throws at us, which includes my daughter and her disabilities related to her spina bifida and her death on December 26 2012.

Saturday 3 March 2012

Everything at once

I find myself feeling overwhelmed. Janice is finally home and out of the hospital. The last few days were to get her off the oxygen. But she skateboard and in the playroom.

Then this afternoon my grandma (Popo) got an upsetting call her younger brother was on life-support and that she should come down soon. He went into the hospital about a week ago from what I was told for pnemonia and because of an underlying disease he has had all his life it became too much for his body. I have spent several hours on the computer looking up prices and calling family and trying to arrange the trip for Popo.

She is very sad as Uncle Dicky was one of her closer siblings and she loved him very much. I feel at a loss for words on what else I can say or do to help her. I wish I could take them (my grandparents) down myself but I am tapped out between the trip to Vancouver BC Children's Hospital, and the stay in Royal Inland Hospital.

I am happy that Janice is feeling better besides a residual cough. But I also feel sad about the situation and pending death of my uncle. He was an inspiration. Despite a crippling disease he never let it keep him down. He always had a smile for me and when Janice was born he looked so proud. The wheel chair never held him back from anything he wanted to do.

You will be missed Uncle Dicky. We loved you and will live forever in our hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment