Welcome

Welcome to my blog which is about my family and I and how we deal with what life throws at us, which includes my daughter and her disabilities related to her spina bifida and her death on December 26 2012.

Tuesday 7 May 2013

Bedtime Stories

I was having a good day. We walked to the blue bridge and back, I found out that Mac's has Crystal lite slurpees, and I was feeling good. 

Then a commercial for Mother's day came on about mother's teaching their children how to read and it made me think of all the nights I read to Janice. Janice loved being read too. I remember that we normally ended up reading three or more Berenstain Bear books. Some nights I read to her until she fell asleep cuddled up against me, squishing me against the wall. I think she just liked the fact that mommy was with her. She would have been reading mommy books in no time at all. 

Janice loved books. Even at under a year she was flipping through books. Janice only damaged two books and one of those was already falling apart to begin with. 

I miss those nights curled up on Janice's bed with her reading book after book. Another missed picture I wish we had.:,(

No comments:

Post a Comment