Welcome

Welcome to my blog which is about my family and I and how we deal with what life throws at us, which includes my daughter and her disabilities related to her spina bifida and her death on December 26 2012.

Monday 13 February 2012

Show of Hearts 2012

Well. the Variety Show of Hearts telethon was on this weekend. Although Janice wasn't on it there were alot of well deserving families and children on this year. There was a few teens that had been injured during sports that needed the help of Variety the Children's Charity. It is always amazing the things that Variety is able to do for those in need.

I have my own little "I Can" little girl. Janice shows me on a daily basis that she isn't going to let anything stop her. Whether it is going up and down stairs; booting around on her skateboard; climbing up and down the fireplace and couches; or just her optimistic smile she always makes me smile.

I was hoping this year they would get over 8 million but this year they got less then last years total. They only got about 6.753 million. Last year they got close to 7.7 if I recall correctly. Either way 6 million is still a lot of money and will help a lot of kids and families. They also told about the opening of Janeece place in Victoria. A home away from home for families getting treatment in Victoria.

No comments:

Post a Comment