Welcome

Welcome to my blog which is about my family and I and how we deal with what life throws at us, which includes my daughter and her disabilities related to her spina bifida and her death on December 26 2012.

Saturday 25 February 2012

Vancouver trip and looking back

Well the trip to Vancouver went well. Mom went with me.She had not been down since Janice was born. First day we arrived around 3pm got into the hotel and went to go see mom's cousin Claire's son Noah, this entailed walking from Heather street to Commercial drive. Day Two we went by bus to Oakridge Center before heading to Janice's appointment at BC Children's hospital.

It was a typical appointment, they weighed and measured her, took her blood pressure, all the usual. Dr. Dan (Metzger) found the dispute one hormone being low, but in range and her length (arm span) matched her weight; which means she is growing just fine, just at a little slow but at her own rate.

While at the appointment it came up about how because of the additional water I must have been huge. It was during this discussion that my mom mentioned that I had been bigger than she had expected even with me being diabetic and she had added that I had even been bigger than a woman carrying triplets. This discussion makes me feel like I should have done something more. I got so big so fast and there were several times I thought something was off and let people talk me into comfort. My even more clumsiness, most likely due to the additional fluid. The fact that everyone kept thinking it was multiples. Was I a bad mom for missing it? Should I have done something differently?
Since then I have been feeling inadequate.

After the appointment we went back to the hotel to drop our shopping off before heading to China town, then to gas town and the Old Spaghetti Factory for supper with the cousins on Popo's side: Mike, Mitch, and Mark. Then back to the hotel for the night and heading home early the next morning. Slow and steady was the trip as the first leg was snowing but after passing the summit it was more rain and we were home by 4pm.

Back down for March 29th.
That is all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment