Welcome

Welcome to my blog which is about my family and I and how we deal with what life throws at us, which includes my daughter and her disabilities related to her spina bifida and her death on December 26 2012.

Tuesday 23 April 2013

Tanya's Mind

I believe in God and Heaven. I don't go to church but sometimes I find comfort in talking to pastors and priests. I say I was raised Catholic but I was baptized Christian when I was an adult. I like to believe in magic, both good and bad. I find my life draws me to shows like "Touched By an Angel", "Twice In a Lifetime" and "Charmed". All shows that tell that there is a reason for everything. The later I know people would argue with me but they do say in "Charmed" "everything happens for a reason"; whether it is due to a single god or multiple, whether we choose it or fight it. I don't pretend to understand the reasons but I find I have to believe there is a reason just to keep my sanity. 

I wish there was a way I could bring back my baby girl and yet I know that I can't. The fact that I wasn't there with her, torments me. 

I have always been fascinated with names:
Janice Margaret Destiny-Ann Story
Origin: Hebrew;  Meaning: Form of JANE. god is gracious
Origin: Persian;  Meaning: child of light; Greek - Pearl
Origin: Latin;  Meaning: One's fate; English - Destiny, fate
Origin: Hebrew;  Meaning: Form of ANNA - gracious, favour
Story Meaning:  descendant of little Store or Stori (strong, powerful)

Once I looked up my name Tanya Elisabeth Yoshy(Yoshie)
Tanya - Russian: fairy queen
Elisabeth - Blessed by God
Yoshie - Respectful
It made me think that I could be an Angel. I was foolish and childish.

If I was an Angel then I wouldn't have had to loose my child. I at least was able to give Janice a name that suited her and I didn't even know what it meant the day I put it on her birth certificate. She was a  gracious gift from god and a child of light, her life was destined and she was strong in spirit and will and her powerful intellect. Janice was the best of me.  

I cry in the dark and when I am alone. I put on the strong face and pretend that I am doing better but my heart and soul still weep for my little Angel, Janice.

I never planned on having an only child. When Janice surprised us with her arrival I knew in my heart she would never be my only child, even with her suitcase. She was mommy's helper and I know she would have made a wonderful big sister. But how do you tell a child that they had a big sister but they can't ever meet them? 

No comments:

Post a Comment