Welcome

Welcome to my blog which is about my family and I and how we deal with what life throws at us, which includes my daughter and her disabilities related to her spina bifida and her death on December 26 2012.

Tuesday 12 November 2013

DON'T

Don't pretend to know what I am going through;
Don't pretend to know what it is like;
Don't tell me you understand;
When it is not your life.

Don't tell me you understand;
Don't tell me to dry my tears;
Don't tell me "next year";
Cause you don't know my fears.

You don't know what I go through;
You don't know how I hide the tears or the fears;
You don't know how my life has changed;
You don't know how long my nights have been.

You don't know why I cry;
You don't know the longing in my heart;
You don't know what it is like to loose a piece of your heart;
You don't know how many tears I've cried.

You don't know how it hurts;
Or how I force the smile,
When all the tears just want to fall.
The jealousy I feel watching on your wall.

Don't tell me to be patient;
Don't tell me not to cry;
Don't tell me what is good for me;
When I am still in Hell.

Yes, a baby is on it's way;
Yes, the sun will rise again;
Yes, there is a rainbow after the storm;
Yes, life does go on.

No, my child is not coming home;
No, my child will never grow up;
They will never know their siblings or their siblings know them,
Not the way I know mine and you know yours.

So don't tell me to dry my eyes;
Don't tell me these late nights are practice; 
Cause you don't know my puffy eyes;
You don't know my pain.

I will force the smile;
I will give joy to this new bundle
I will continue in a life that I know is not the same;
I will find peace after war,
And heal my broken heart.

She will not be forgotten;
She will never be alone;
She will live forever in my heart
She will always be my Angel, Janice.
Always in my heart.


In memory of Janice Margaret Destiny-Ann Story
My Angel in Heaven and forever a part of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment