Welcome

Welcome to my blog which is about my family and I and how we deal with what life throws at us, which includes my daughter and her disabilities related to her spina bifida and her death on December 26 2012.

Sunday 24 November 2013

Weekly ultrasounds

So for those that are curious the weekly ultrasounds are being done do to decreased maternal serums. From a report from the Genetic team in Vancouver it states that the uE3 and PAPP-A serums were both low and both have different possible complications.

The decreased uE3 can be related to placental dysfunction, fetal chromosome anomalies, or a normal pregnancy.
The decreased PAPP-A is associated with an increased risk of intrauterine growth restriction, prematurity, pre-eclampsia, and fetal death due to placental dysfunction.
If any abnormalities are detected, due to my previous test showing decreased maternal serum levels it would put me at a higher risk of intrauterine fetal demise.

I am trying to stay positive despite everything but unless you have been through losing a child and then going through a subsequent pregnancy please don't comment or attempt to "comfort" me.
Baby is very active which is good. I am tired to the point where I take daily naps that last about 3-5 hours that started about 4 days ago. I don't know if what I am feeling is anywhere close to normal or if I am just plain being paranoid. Then again how is any of what I am going through normal? Is losing a child normal? I have always hated that word "normal", what is the definition of normal?
Who decides what is normal? Or is it just majority rules?

NORMAL - adjective; 
1.     conforming to the standard or the common type; usual; not abnormal; regular; natural.
2.
serving to establish a standard.



No comments:

Post a Comment