Welcome

Welcome to my blog which is about my family and I and how we deal with what life throws at us, which includes my daughter and her disabilities related to her spina bifida and her death on December 26 2012.

Sunday 24 November 2013

Memories - will be updating

Tonight after getting out of the shower I was reminded of a post a friend made on facebook about how difficult it gets to clean the bath tub which reminded me of one night Janice spent her bath taking a face cloth to the tub. It was so cute and she was so proud of herself.

I used to take her to build a bear when we went to BC Children's hospital and she built a butterfly which she preferred to wear the wings herself lol. On one of these trips we left with a make up kit and a medical kit for her "bug" as I called it and that visit to the Hospital she spent using the medical kit on herself and mommy in between all the tests and appointments.  - I let her paternal Grandma have the bug as I wanted everyone that wanted something of Janice's to have something

Janice's first chair was a loner chair that arrived February-ish 2012. She fell in love with that chair even though we only had it for about 48 hours. She fell asleep in it. Most of the 48 hours she spent in it. When it came time to return it I remember she was exhausted and ready for a nap and as I carried her out of the Child Development Center she kept asking "chair? chair?" I rubbed her back and told her that they were going to "fix" her chair and maybe make it pink and she calmed and put her head on my shoulder. Janice wasn't quite the fan of her second chair which was red, closer to pink than the blue that her first one was. I think it was also harder for her to make go. Janice also took a few tumbles out of it as they forgot to give us the straps but Janice was still intrigued by it and even put her toys on it while she was on her board in the apartment. There is one picture where she has it decorated in toys and her "mitts" I miss Janice so much.

Janice never liked being covered up, unless she was the one doing it. Whether it was herself or her dolls or toys. Janice would use anything blanket like to cover up her dolls and toys from towels, blankets, sheets, facecloths, and clothes. 

Janice once she was home used to wipe her forehead like she was wiping away sweat and say "hot, hot," and start trying to take off her clothes. Janice didn't like anything in clothes, her dolls all got stripped almost as soon as she got them. She was so independent and determined. Janice always knew what she wanted and asked for it. The only thing I don't think she said "hot" and tried to strip out of was her Christmas dress. The dress that she was laid to rest in.

I remember how smart my little girl, Janice was. She learned her body parts pretty quickly. Janice learned how to do the stairs in 1 day. Janice took to her board so fast it was so surprising. I remember one night I was playing with her pretending I didn't know where her feeding-tube went and she rolled over and pulled up her shirt and pointed; another night she put it in her mouth and sucked some milk from the tube. Janice was quiet but ever so smart. I am sure she would have driven us crazy by now with all the stuff she would've picked up this past year.

No comments:

Post a Comment