Welcome

Welcome to my blog which is about my family and I and how we deal with what life throws at us, which includes my daughter and her disabilities related to her spina bifida and her death on December 26 2012.

Saturday 23 February 2013

Dreams and Angels

Everyone has dreams, dreams for themselves, dreams for their friends, and dreams for their children. Dreams carried about by the angels. That is what most people want to believe, but when those dreams are ripped from you and shatter in front of your eyes it becomes hard to believe in anything ever again. 

Dreams are what makes life worth living. Dreams are the thing that makes us who we are. Dreams make the cloudy days sunny. Dreams make the impossible possible. When you loose the ability to dream you loose live and be truly alive.

Angels come in all shapes and sizes and colors. Angels make the light shine on the darkest night. Angels are the innocent and the ones that wear the beauty on the inside. Angels can be young, old, big or small. Angels have nothing but good intentions and pure hearts. 

Janice had the purest of hearts and the most innocent star. Even if she can no longer shine from along side me, Janice will shine forever from on high as an Angel created from a dream. Kevin and I will forever miss Janice but she will live on in our hearts and memories. Some day we will meet again and when we do the only tears we will shed will be those of joy. 

I had dreams for Janice just like any mother does. I dreamed about her first day of Kindergarten. I dreamed of hearing about her first crush, first boyfriend, first love.  I dreamed  of her going off to college, getting married, and having a family of her own.  I to this day believe she would have been a wonderful nurse. Janice would have found a job that helped people. She would have continued to inspire the world. Now all I have left is memories. Memories of the beautiful spirited little girl that forever changed my life and who I could never forget, My baby angel Janice Margaret Destiny-Ann Story. 

I know what my dreams for her were but I can only imagine what dreams she had. What did Janice want to be when she grew up? What dreams did she have? Did she want to be a mother? What kind of boys and men would Janice have taken a fancy to?

Some people say that Janice went before she had a chance to see the cruelty of the world but saving her from a possible broken heart, prejudice that may or may not have caused her to feel different. Janice was a beautiful, unique spirited child that changed the lives of many and I wish Janice could have stayed with us and continued to touch the lives of even more as she grew up into the enchanting woman I know in my heart Janice would have become.

No comments:

Post a Comment