Welcome

Welcome to my blog which is about my family and I and how we deal with what life throws at us, which includes my daughter and her disabilities related to her spina bifida and her death on December 26 2012.

Tuesday 5 February 2013

About Janice

My little girl was born on September 15, 2009. She was named Janice Margaret Destiny-Ann Story; Janice after Janice Yoshy; Margaret after both her Nana Story and Margaret Yoshy (a great-great aunt who passed away earlier this year), Destiny because she was my little gift that had to be; Ann after her GG and well Story because she was her father's daughter. Janice came with her suitcase full and a smile that stole more hearts than I know of. 

Janice was described as unique and she stuck with it she loved being unique. She was born with brown hair and by 6 months was blonde with blue eyes that never left. For being genetically Asian and native. Janice was born with spina bifida (.3% chance). Conventional mobility devices weren't for her, took me a while to find something she liked... a skateboard. 

Janice had a mind of her own. She was quiet, only speaking when she wanted to. Janice loved dolls and bears (care bears); Before her passing she was putting on and changing her own shirts, wanting to "help" with everything, and always wanting to make us smile. Janice figured everything out on her own from climbing stairs to arts and crafts. She loved painting and having her friends pull her around at daycare.

Janice had so much love both to receive and to give it blows my mind as to why she was taken so soon. She would have gone so far. Janice never heard "you can't do". If other kids her age did it Janice was going to do it to and for the most part she did. Janice never let anything hold her back. Even the day she died, when her dad asked if she was ok.... Janice nodded. My little trooper. 

I am scared I am going to forget things and I don't want to I want to hold my Janice again. Even though we always seemed to be seeing one doctor or another she rarely complained, unless they were poking and prodding. Janice tried so hard to be like mommy and I don't know if she realized she didn't need to try she was mommy's mini-me. 

My borrowed angel, forever young, dream come true, I will forever love, cherish, and miss you, Janice Margaret Destiny-Ann Story ( September 15,2009 - December 26, 2012) 
Three birthdays and four Chrismas' before she flew home to heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment