Welcome

Welcome to my blog which is about my family and I and how we deal with what life throws at us, which includes my daughter and her disabilities related to her spina bifida and her death on December 26 2012.

Friday 20 December 2013

Quietly in the Silence

Quietly in the silent of the night,
I feel the loneliness.
Quietly in the stillness of the night,
I miss those that left too soon.
Quietly in the darkness,
I let the tears fall at night. 
Quietly when I am alone,
I let my mind wander.
Quietly when no one is around,
I let my feelings show.
Quietly when no one can hear me,
I talk to my little girl in heaven.
Quietly the spring,
I think of how big she would be.
Quietly in the summer,
I think of how she loved the water and being outside.
Quietly in the fall,
Her birthday looms and I think of what she would want. 
Quietly in the winter,
I am thrown back to that horrible night,
The last time I saw my little heavenly angel.
Quietly on New Years,
I wish she was still here.
Quietly on her dad's birthday,
I wish she was playing with him.
Quietly on her birthday,
I wish she was opening presents.
Quietly on my birthday,
I wish she was waking me up. 
Quietly on Halloween,
I wish she was in costume,
Out Trick or Treating with her friends.
Quietly on Remembrance Day,
I remember how she used to light the day.
Quietly on Christmas,
I remember that last trip and how much fun she had. 
Quietly on Boxing Day,
Behind closed doors,
I cry away the pain. 
Quietly in sunrise,
I know I'll see her again.
Quietly in the moonlight,
I can feel her say "nigh nigh."
Quietly in the springtime,
I can see her spirit wild and free.
Quietly in my dreams,
I know she is happy and would want the same for me. 
Quietly I pray,
That some day I will understand. 
Quietly among the tears,
I know there's a reason.
Quietly in the sunshine,
I feel her smile on my face.
Quietly, 
I will be okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment