Welcome

Welcome to my blog which is about my family and I and how we deal with what life throws at us, which includes my daughter and her disabilities related to her spina bifida and her death on December 26 2012.

Thursday 17 January 2013

Burdening

I feel so lost and hurt and alone. Yes Kevin is here and I have family but I feel like I am burdening them with my grief when they have their own. She was my everything. I don't know what to do or how to get through each day now. I know it is sad but I think this is the first shower in about a week. I just don't have the drive or motivation, all I want to do is curl up and cry in some hopeless hope that this has all been a bad dream and I will wake up to her stealing my pillow and asking for "bears". 

My tears are far from dry, my cheeks are far from clean. All I can do to keep me distracted and functioning. Everything I did was for her and now I don't know how to function my ears still hear her and my eyes still see her, my little girl Janice; but I can't touch her, can't brush her hair out of her eyes.

At night I keep asking why? and wounder what I missed. Did she have some underlying condition that I missed? what could have caused a healthy 3 year old to go so fast? There was nothing that I can think of that  would send red flags. Janice was fine, slept a good 18 hours then drank something like 2 liters over 15 hours, had 2 bouts of diarrhea, then her lips went blue and an hour later she was gone. So fast and no warning. I wasn't even able to be there for her in those last few hours. I was at work. Janice died without mommy. She was so full of life.

I can't bring myself to burden anyone with my grief and so I write about it in a blog and in a diary until my tears stop or are too overpowering and I can't read through the fog. I always tried to believe everything happens for a reason but I can't see any reason to take a beautiful, little angel so filled with life from this world so young.  Janice is in a better place, where is a better place than in the arms of a loving mother?  What did I do wrong that an all forgiving father felt he had to take my baby from me so young?  What I wouldn't give for just a little more time with her... any more time with her.

My baby is gone and I feel so empty and words can't even describe how I feel. Who decides when we have done on earth? There was so much I wanted to show Janice, so much I wanted to share with her and now she is gone and I feel like I failed her. I don't even know how I tried my best did everything I could to try to give her everything she could need and somehow it wasn't enough. It wasn't enough.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment