Welcome

Welcome to my blog which is about my family and I and how we deal with what life throws at us, which includes my daughter and her disabilities related to her spina bifida and her death on December 26 2012.

Wednesday 16 January 2013

Janice's spirit

My little angel was so determined and independent. Janice was so proud of herself when she mastered something, example when she was able to climb the stairs or doing headstands. She was even able to take a few steps on her hands. Janice always knew what she wanted and went for it. I will never forget the first time she climbed up on her bed by herself or when she figured out she didn't need help getting on and off of mommy and daddy's bed without help. 

We can only be so lucky to have Janice's determination. My little one could have had the world if given the chance and with her beautiful soul she would have given it to the heavens. She had a smile to light the room. I  feel more tears coming on as I think of all the things that she will never do. I used to get passed these moments by thinking of the things she would still have a head of her, but now there is none of that.  

I find myself angered by the comments of the people on facebook because they seem to take for granted the things that I will never get. They complain about their children making messes while the only mess I get to clean up now is to put her stuff in boxes and sort through all of her items into keep and give away. I would trade a disaster to clean up to avoid the inevitable tasks I have ahead of myself. 

Janice loved life and the outdoors and to have her slip away so fast and without warning was heart breaking and a loss for the world. Such a spirit and pure innocence. She worked so hard for what so many of us take for granted and took pride in every accomplishment that she won. Janice never let any obstacles get in her way and I know in my heart she fought to the end to stay with us, but in the end she needed to find her own care-a-lot and fly in the clouds.

No comments:

Post a Comment