Welcome

Welcome to my blog which is about my family and I and how we deal with what life throws at us, which includes my daughter and her disabilities related to her spina bifida and her death on December 26 2012.

Tuesday 29 January 2013

Time

Time is a funny thing. Nothing seems to be able to stop it and yet at times it seems to stand still. Like now Janice has been gone for a month and 3 days and yet sometimes it seems like it was just yesterday that it was Christmas and I was holding my smiling little bundle of joy. She was so full of life and to have lost her so suddenly I am at a loss. 

Time the one thing you never know how much you have until it is gone, and you always wish you had more. What would you do if you knew you only had 3 years 3 months and 11 days with your child? 

Janice was so happy, smart, determined, and inspiring. She always knew what she wanted and went for it. Janice inspired more people than I am aware of. She never let anyone hold her back. She wasn't going to let anyone stop her. In her pictures you can't tell anything was ever wrong with her.Janice always went out of her way to make me smile. She took every opportunity to spend time with me. Janice's smile could always make me smile and she always lit up when she saw me. 

How people perceive time is very intriguing? To some there is too much time and to some there is not enough. I feel that I am the latter. There was not enough time with Janice and there isn't enough time for me to get over the loss of my little angel.  What I wouldn't give to have more time with my little monkey?

Tears fall like rain,
Cold as snow.
I shall not weep,
Though I am filled with grief.
For I know, 
You are at peace. 
You still shine,
Although in a different place and time. 
Wait for me,
For I shall look for you,
When it is my time. 
Until then watch over me and mine,
Protect us in ways I couldn't you. 
Then watch for me as I find my way, 
For I know in my heart,
I will one day hold you close again. 
Til then my sweetheart.

No comments:

Post a Comment